What is a Circular Economy ?
A circular economy is an alternative to a traditional linear
economy (make, use, dispose) in which we keep resources in use for as long as possible, extract
the maximum value from them whilst in use, then recover and regenerate products and materials
at the end of each service life.
Why is Circular Economy important ?
As well as creating new opportunities for growth, a more circular economy will:
- Reduce waste
- Drive greater resource productivity
- Deliver a more competitive economy
- Better address emerging resource security/scarcity issues in the future
- Help reduce the environmental impacts of our production and consumption
Where next for recycled materials ?
We are committed to simulating the market for recovered
materials through innovation, imagination and entrepreneurialism. Working with partners to
create longer-lasting roads and more. Let’s work collaboratively to take things further, faster
- IPP is recycling its in-house extrusion film waste back to granules. Extruding the
recycled granules to make PE films and also selling recycled granules. We are using the
recycled material for:
- Poly bags for secondary packaging
- Selling the granules to manufactures of Injection molding applications (demands are growing by the day).
- Some manufactures re-use the waste produced to make furniture, water-proofing
membranes, build more durable roads, etc. Eventually reducing carbon foot print and
moving towards a circular environment.